Meditation and Facilitation for Modern-day Humans
How can meditative practices facilitate great shifts in our body and mind? Accredited by Yoga Alliance as a further training course in meditation, we look to uncover the root of this question and enhance our ability to hold the space for modern-day humans.
Underpinned by a revolutionary fusion of yogic philosophy and scientific study of the human being, the training helps students to understand meditation and physiology in health and in stress, to restore equilibrium in the mind.
What does this training offer?
Our quest on this training is to explore the bio-spiritual systems that make up the human being. We look at the cellular building blocks that make up our organism, physiological systems both in and out of balance, modern life and minds, neurobiology of the stress response, what happens when things go wrong, quantum entanglement, consciousness and the Field of everything.
Students leave this training with:
- A thorough understanding of the meditative process
- Perspective of how the modern world is impacting our biological systems
- Connection to the wider Field that contains and connects each individual within this ecosystem that we call Earth
- The language and ability to traverse between the spiritual and medical domains
- Mind and body problem-solving tools to restore equilibrium
- The ability to competently deliver meditative practice to the general public, including vulnerable minds
- Knowledge and ability to work with the relationship dynamics that arise in the helping professions
- Knowledge of the Doorway to Meditation 8-week course
- Support to develop and facilitate their own meditation course
Who is this training for?
Both yoga teachers and people in the medical or therapeutic community can benefit from meditative training, delivered within a framework that is both scientific and energetic. We live in exciting times, the global mind is experiencing exponential shifts, this training offers the knowledge and language that is necessary to traverse between the spiritual and medical domains.
Face to Face Investment
Your investment for this 100-hour further training is £1,200 (in England).
You can book your place on the training by either payment in full, or with a non-refundable deposit of £450.
An enrolment form will be emailed to you following receipt of deposit/payment.
Your investment for the online version of the 100-hour training course is £990.
You can book your place on the training by either payment in full, or with a non-refundable deposit of £400.
The remainder of the fee is due before the course commences.
An enrolment form will be emailed to you following receipt of deposit/payment.
2021-22 dates to be announced soon.
Shaura imparts information, tools and techniques that successfully
integrates this amazing science into the technology of Kundalini yoga.
A must-have course for yoga teachers and therapeutic professionals everywhere.
This training consists of 100 hours delivered over five modules, home practice and online support. The online version of the course will be deliver the modules over ten weekends rather than five. This gives participants more time to integrate a offers more opportunities to practice the meditations that are given online which supports the building of community.
The modules build upon each other to provide a robust understanding of using contemplative practices for systems that are out of balance.
Each module is made up of 16 contact hours, and 4 non-contact hours.
The topics are accompanied by specific techniques appropriate for creating balance. Each module has three components: an exploration of meditative processes, an introduction to how our biological systems respond, and teaching of psycho-therapeutic holding skills and practice.
The course is upheld by a scientific study of the human being, exploration of mind and body wisdom, a specific connection to consciousness and the field of everything.
“Grounding and connection to the physiological systems“
- Understanding the meditative process
- Exploration of the differences between meditation and mindfulness
- Understanding of mindful enquiry
- Barriers to meditation
- Introduction to cell biology, including genetics and basic epigenetics
- Understanding how the central and peripheral braches of the nervous system communicate
- Using psycho-therapeutic skills to create safety and deliver mediation practices
- Incorporating grounding into your teaching and why this is important
- Practical tools for delivery of weeks 1 and 2 of the Doorway to Meditation Course
“Directing our physiological experiences “
- Using focused breathing meditations to balance the physiological systems, and why it is important
- The workings of the autonomic nervous system
- Understanding the respiratory system to inform our teaching
- Making relationships with our cells
- Yogic energy and pranic systems
- The energetic science of breath, as defined by yogic wisdom
- How to know where we end and the student/client begins
- Transference and counter-transference of energy in groups and 1:1 settings
- Jewels in group dynamics
- Practical tools for delivery of weeks 3 and 4 of the Doorway to Meditation Course
“Adapting to changing conditions“
- Language and safety during meditation in today’s world
- Understanding the human reaction to environment and using meditation to promote self- efficacy and positive adaptation in mind and body
- The psychology and sociology of vulnerable minds
- Using meditation to illuminate our patterns
- The stress response
- Neuro-architecture of specific conditions and where the starting point might be for each individual
- Neuroplasticity and how it can be enhanced through mind and body practice
- Making use of information offered by Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP) to support our clients
- How to bring someone back to the present moment from traumatic material and memory
- Practical tools for delivery of weeks 5 and 6 of the Doorway to Meditation Course
“Working with transformation“
- Consolidating what have we learned to help us hold the space for deeper meditative processes
- Deepening our own knowledge and ability to work with the more powerful meditative practices
- Further exploration of stress and neuro-architecture of specific conditions
- Introduction to the endocrine system
- Creating a safe environment for people with differing brain types
- Exploring the need to manage expectations when it comes to working with vulnerable people
- Preparing ourselves to use partner work in sessions
- Understanding the importance of self care when working with mind and body practices and a range of techniques
- Practical tools for delivery of weeks 7 and 8 of the Doorway to Meditation Course
- Practice and consolation of learning objectives
- Group delivery of complete Doorway to Meditation Course
- Support and discussion of how to move forward with the knowledge
Why take this training at this time?
In this modern day, with mental health conditions rising at an exponential rate, a whole-person approach to therapy and healing is needed.
Just as western medicine is becoming more interested in the benefits of contemplative practice, we must learn how to bridge the gap between the medical and spiritual domains to enhance our ability to work effectively in our roles.
Our aim is to empower our students with the medical language and tools to reach out and work with those who cannot yet engage with a spiritual dialogue.
Prospective students are required to complete an application form that outlines their background and describes reasons for wishing to do the course.
Students need to have an interest and enthusiasm for exploring the subject matter, however, no prior physiological or scientific study is required.
Assessment + Professional Certification
Students are observationally assessed throughout the training and will be asked to submit four 500-word essays that show their understanding of each module. During Module Five, the cohort will be asked to deliver the Doorway to Meditation Course. Between modules, students are also expected to complete a daily practice of 30-40 minutes and will be asked to journal their experience.
Group there are 5 group supervision session with Shaura Hall (this is included in the investment).
One hundred per cent of the contact hours in this training is delivered by a Senior Yoga Teacher.
This is a Yoga Alliance 100 hour further training course in meditation.